I find baking very therapeutic, like watching movies.… ha ha. And when I am in the mood, I will start searching the internet high and low, hoping that I would have ready stock of the ingredients required. Usually I prepare what I want to bake in advance, to ensure that I have all the ingredients needed but when it’s impromptu, I just hope that I have at least the basics!
As usual, I was missing something or the other when I wanted to bake cupcakes. So I settled for a simple cupcake, pretty much using the butter cake recipe and viola…. I got these delicious cupcakes!
- Butter – 250 gm (room temperature)
- Sugar – 250 gm
- Flour – 250 gm and remove 3 tbsp of flour
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Eggs – 4 (room temperature)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 4 tbsp (room temperature)
- Pre heat your oven at 180 degrees C and line your muffin tray with paper cups.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with milk and keep it aside and in another bowl mix all the dry ingredients together except the cocoa powder.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat well in medium speed for 4-5 minutes until pale in colour.
- Add 1/3 of the flour and beat till combined and alternate with 1/3 of the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the batter into each of the paper cups.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining batter and stir till well combined.
- Spoon the cocoa mixture and drop the batter on top of the vanilla batter.
- Use a skewer and twirl the 2 mixtures together and bake for 25 mins or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tray on a wire rack and let it cool for about 10 mins.
- Remove the paper cups from the tray and let it cool completely.