If you like lemon, salmon and crushed black pepper, then you will really enjoy this dish, as it’s loaded with lemon juice and crushed black pepper. You have to squeeze fresh lemon over the salmon just before serving and it’s yumms!
I was just playing around with the ingredients, as I was looking for something different to marinate the salmon and viola…. I got a new dish which is easy and quick to prepare. You may either bake or pan fry the salmon, the choice is yours.
Be generous, very generous with the lemon-pepper powder and don’t forget to squeeze fresh lemon just before having the salmon. That’s what makes this dish so deeeelicious and hope you try it soon!
- Salmon – 1 piece fillet (fresh or frozen and defrost if using frozen)
- Lemon-pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh lemon – 1/2
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Butter & olive oil – if pan frying
- If using fresh salmon fillet, wash and pat dry and if you are using frozen salmon fillet, make sure it’s thawed fully then wash and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder and crushed black pepper and rub it over the salmon both sides and keep it aside.
- If you are baking the salmon, preheat your oven to 200 degrees C and line the baking tray with baking paper and place the salmon skin side down on the tray.
- Bake for about 15 -20 mins or until cooked through and test with fork that it is flaky.
- Remove from the oven and keep it aside to cool slightly.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon just before serving.
- If you want to pan fry the salmon, heat some butter and olive oil in a pan.
- Once the butter starts bubbling, place the salmon skin down and fry for about 4 mins. Then turn the salmon over with a spatula and fry for another 4 mins.
- Transfer to a plate and squeeze the lemon juice just before serving.
- Serve salmon with baked sweet potato, baked veggies or salad.