If you love tomatoes, this just may be the one for you. It’s loaded with tomatoes and goes so well with plain white rice or chappati. This was another favourite dish of my friends in the UAE and they used to request for it frequently, together with the tofu sambal and paneer bhurji. It’s really quick and easy to prepare and should take about 20 minutes to cook it.
I learned how to make this dish long ago and have modified it over the years so it’s perfect now. Trust me when I say that you will love it too!
- Tomatoes – 6 large, sliced
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Green chilli – 2, chopped
- Ginger – a small piece and to be thinly sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the onions till light brown.
- Add the green chilli and fry for 2 mins.
- Now add the tomatoes together with the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Cover and let it cook till pulpy.
- Adjust the taste accordingly and finally add the ginger strips and kasuri methi.
- Serve hot with plain white rice or chappati.