I’m not sure how many of you have tried the frozen fish fingers. I just love it and when I came across this particular recipe on the internet, I had to try it out, cos fresh beats frozen anytime; plus it’s baked!
Honestly, you will not believe how easy this is to prepare. So why not try making these baked fish fingers for a change? I got this recipe from recipetin eats. And in that, explanations are given as to the best type of fish to be used for this particular recipe. But I just used whatever I had and it was just as good!
- White fish fillets – 600 g
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 1/2 cups
- Parmesan – 1/4 cup (I did not use this)
- Paprika – 2 tsp (I used chilli powder)
- Salt & pepper – 1/2 tsp each
- Egg – 1
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
- Flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt & pepper – 1/4 tsp each
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Spread breadcrumbs on tray. Spray with oil and bake for 4 mins until golden. Transfer toasted breadcrumbs into bowl and add remaining Crumb ingredients and mix well.
- Increase oven to 220 degrees C. Spray used tray with oil.
- Mix batter ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Cut the fish into strips 1.5 x 11 cm.
- Place fish in batter, gently mix with to coat well. Do not leave sitting around as it will become watery and coat immediately.
- Pick up fish with tongs, place in breadcrumbs. Spoon over crumb and use fingers to press.
- Transfer to baking tray. Spray with oil and bake for 13 mins or until crispy on the outside.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges or tartare sauce or other sauce of choice.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #bakezbyshobz so that I can see the recipes that you have made.