Nestum is a cereal made from a delicious recipe of nutrient-rich multi-grains, such as wholewheat, corn, rice and milk. It’s a cereal and can be prepared by adding a glass of hot milk.
Sometime back, when I was browsing the internet for some new recipes, I came across the Nestum website and as I was curious, I checked their website to see if they had any recipes and voila…. this particular cookie recipe caught my eye. So I bookmarked it immediately and finally got around to trying it out. If you like Nestum, I hope you will give this recipe a try as well 😊.
Recipe from https://www.nestum.com.my/home/recipe_inner/en?id=3
- 150 g plain flour
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Nestum All Family Cereal – 60 gm
- Semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips – 150 gm
- Walnuts – 80 gm, roughly chopped
- Unsalted butter – 150 gm, room temperature
- Light brown sugar – 110 gm
- Egg – 1 large
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 170 C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Stir in salt and Nestum All Family Cereal as well as the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place butter and sugar in a medium size mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Stir in the flour/Nestum/chocolate chip/walnut mixture.
- To form large cookies, place about 2 rounded tablespoons of mixture into a mound on a paper-lined baking tin.
- Flatten gently with a spoon so that cookies are about 0.5cm thick and bake for 20 mins until cookies are crisp and golden brown.
- Cool baked cookies on a wire rack and when cool, store in airtight container.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz