Milo is a very popular drink in Singapore. It’s chocolate and malt powder mix and can be mixed with hot or cold water or milk. It’s very popular mostly in the neighbourhood roti prata joints, where you can order Milo tower, which is about 2 liters!
My little nephew likes Milo a lot. He turned 12 last month and he requested for Milo cake for his birthday. As he was not in town for his birthday, I baked this cake just before he got back, so that he could enjoy his belated birthday cake baked by his aunt, moi! 😊
- All-purpose flour – 180 gm
- Milo powder – 100 gm
- Butter – 170 gm at room temperature
- Sugar – 90 gm
- Brown sugar – 100 gm
- Eggs – 2 at room temperature
- Milk – 1 cup at room temperature
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C and butter the bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then add the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, Milo powder and salt together.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat till combined and alternate with 1/2 of the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the batter in the bowl regularly. Beat until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then place the wire rack on top of the pan and invert, lifting the cake off the pan.
- Let the cake cool completely.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz