Hubby passed me a beetroot cutlet recipe and as I love beetroot, I wanted to give it a try. If you recall I also have the Carrot Beetroot recipe posted some time ago from my friend Savi, which you can find here.
Besides beetroot, I have added carrot and cauliflower and when I started with the preparation, I made several changes along the way and even ended up baking them instead of the usual shallow fry, as I wanted a healthier version by not frying them. But if you prefer, you may shallow fry them.
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized, boiled & peeled
- Beetroot – 1/2, chopped
- Carrot – 1 small, chopped
- Cauliflower – small piece, chopped
- Onion – 1 small, chopped
- Green chilli – 2 small, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch, chopped
- Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
- Boil the potatoes in water and once it’s cooked, keep it aside to let it cool. Once cool, remove the skin and mash them.
- In a wok, heat some oil and once it’s hot, saute the onions and green chilli for couple of minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute or so.
- Now add the chopped beetroot, cauliflower and carrot and fry them well.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Once cooked, keep them aside and let it cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the mashed potatoes and the chopped coriander to the mixed veges and make a dough.
- Take a little dough into your hand and shape them to medium sized cutlets.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and roll each cutlet in the breadcrumbs and place them on the lined baking tray.
- Using a brush, rub oil on both sides of the cutlets.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 mins, turning the cutlets over half-way thru.
- Serve warm.