I usually make gluten free pancakes, which requires different types of flour to make the batter. I have made a few of those and those pancakes are super fluffy and delicious.
But you know how some times, you just want something super easy and not complicated. So when I came across this recipe using just brown rice flour, I had to give it a try and further more, it’s gluten free too! And if you use almond milk instead of your regular milk, you not only get gluten free but dairy free as well.
Recipe from https://gluten-free-bread.org/brown-rice-flour-gluten-free-dairy-free-blueberry-pancakes#wprm-recipe-container-6984
- Brown Rice Flour – 135 gm
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil, melted (or oil of your choice) – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Almond milk (or milk of your choice) – 1 cup
- Chocolate chips – optional
- In a large bowl, mix together rice flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, honey, oil, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix batter using a whisk until well blended. A few lumps is ok.
- Heat a flat bottom skillet to just slightly warmer than medium.
- Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Potion 1/3 cup batter onto the skillet and cook on one side until bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Using a flat spatula, flip the pancake and cook until browned on the other side. Move pancake to a cookie sheet to keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter is used, spraying skillet before cooking each pancake.
- If using chocolate chips, spinkle a few on top right after pouring batter onto the skillet.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz
One Comment Add yours
Looks great. We can’t wait to try it.
We have just started a blog site and posted a gluten free and Dairy free recipe and a vlog about it.