I usually make gluten free pancakes, which requires different types of flour to make the batter. I have made a few of those and those pancakes are super fluffy and delicious.
But you know how some times, you just want something super easy and not complicated. So when I came across this recipe using just brown rice flour, I had to give it a try and further more, it’s gluten free too! And if you use almond milk instead of your regular milk, you not only get gluten free but dairy free as well.
- Brown Rice Flour – 135 gm
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil, melted (or oil of your choice) – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Almond milk (or milk of your choice) – 1 cup
- Chocolate chips – optional
- In a large bowl, mix together rice flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, honey, oil, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix batter using a whisk until well blended. A few lumps is ok.
- Heat a flat bottom skillet to just slightly warmer than medium.
- Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Potion 1/3 cup batter onto the skillet and cook on one side until bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Using a flat spatula, flip the pancake and cook until browned on the other side. Move pancake to a cookie sheet to keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter is used, spraying skillet before cooking each pancake.
- If using chocolate chips, spinkle a few on top right after pouring batter onto the skillet.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and enjoy!