As promised, here is the recipe from Savi. She used to make these cutlets often and bring it to the office for us to try. I feel that not very many people like beetroot and this is a perfect way to camouflage the taste as everyone loves cutlets!
From Savi: Here goes my carrot-beetroot cutlets! Its healthy and just perfect for kids and my son loves it!
- Carrots – 1 cup grated
- Beetroot – 1 cup grated
- Paneer – 1 cup grated
- Potatoes – 1/2 cup boiled and mashed
- Onions – 2 medium finely diced and chopped
- Ginger – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic – 3/4 tbsp finely chopped
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chillies – 1 tbsp finely chopped (can be reduced as per your taste)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Cinnamon powder – 2 tsp
- Clove powder – 2 tsp
- Heat a pan, add 2 tablespoon of oil, saute the onions till transparent.
- Add ginger and garlic and once the raw smell is done, add in the chopped green chillies and the masala powders.
- Then add the beets and carrots till its well done and the mix is of dry consistency, then add paneer, saute a few minutes and switch off.
- Add this mix to the mashed potatoes (ensure the mashed potatoes isn’t too soft or cutlets will crack).
- Then throw in the cilantro, pepper as your taste. Now roll the cutlets into the shape you desire, toss it on the bread crumbs first, then dip it in the egg, toss it back on the bread crumbs again.
- Heat a wok and deep fry once the oil is piping hot.
- Once the cutlets are done on both sides to golden brown, drain the oil out on the tissue and SERRRRRVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One Comment Add yours