This meatless meat or vegan meat is the latest craze in town, but I really don’t understand why it has to be so expensive! Anyway, when I saw this in the local supermarket, I just had to try it. If you recall, I had tried the other latest craze called Impossible Beef and made kheema with it. So I thought, why not try another brand and do something different.
I thought hard about how I wanted to cook this meatless meat and saw the can of garbanzo/chickpea beans in the pantry and felt it might be a good combo. I always keep a can of garbanzo/chickpea beans for a rainy day, as you can quickly cook up a curry with it, as the chickpeas are precooked. Plus, I have come across so many baking recipes calling for aquafaba liquid (made from chickpea water) if you want your cake/muffin/cupcake to be vegan.
I guess next on my baking list will be to finally get around to bake something vegan and use this aquafaba liquid. Can’t wait!
- Onion – 1 large, diced
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Green chilli – 2, chopped
- Tomato – 1 large, chopped
- Chickpea – 1 can, washed and drained
- Meatless meat – 1 pkt, any brand of your choice
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- In a wok, heat some oil and when hot, sauté the onions till translucent.
- Add the chopped green chilli and minced garlic and stir well for 2 mins.
- Next add the tomatoes and fry till pulpy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and stir well.
- Now add the meatless meat and stir well to combine. You may add 1/4 cup water if you find it too dry.
- Add the chickpeas and salt and stir well. Adjust the taste accordingly.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or chappati.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz