Spanish Omelette is an omelette made with eggs and potato and it’s called Spanish Omelette, as it originated from Spain. I’ve been wanting to make this for a very long time and finally got around to making it. My list of what I want to make, never seems to end as I just keep adding and adding… ha ha.
Back to Spanish Omelette…. so I just googled to get a rough idea on how it should be made, especially the potatoes. Some dice the potatoes and some have it thinly sliced. I guess it’s up to your preference. I added onions, ginger, green chilli, tomatoes and if you want, you could even add mushrooms. Bottom line, potatoes and eggs are a must and rest of the ingredients are optional…. ha ha.
If you love potatoes, you’ll definitely enjoy this dish. This is my version of Spanish Omelette and hope you enjoy it!
- Eggs – 4
- Potato – 1 medium, diced
- Onion – 1 medium, diced
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Green chilli – 2, chopped
- Tomatoes – 1, medium, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oregano leaves – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Heat a small frying pan with little oil and when hot, saute the onions till translucent.
- Half way thru, add the diced green chilli and ginger and try for couple of minutes.
- Next add the potatoes and stir well. Cover and let it cook for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile break the eggs into a medium sized bowl and beat well with salt, oregano leaves and crushed black pepper.
- When the potatoes are cooked, pour the beaten eggs over the potatoes. Cover and let it cook over a low flame as you don’t want to burn the eggs.
- Add the chopped tomatoes half way thru and let it continue to cook till eggs begin to brown on the bottom.
- Slide the omelette from the pan onto a plate and then turn the pan over and hold it over the omelette.
- Flip the plate over so that the omelette is back in the pan and let it continue cooking slowly.
- Once it’s fully cooked, place the plate over the pan and flip it again onto the plate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you like and serve hot.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz
One Comment Add yours