I am such a pancake freak that every time I come across a pancake recipe on the internet, I must try it out! Especially if it’s gluten free/paleo or vegan based, as I am trying to go on a gluten free diet.
So I’m been trying out many pancake recipes and only the ones that passed as per my standards are published here….ha…. ha! So if you love blueberries, do try this fluffy buttermilk blueberry pancake!
- Light coconut milk or other dairy free milk of choice – 2/3 cup
- Fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Coconut flour – 85 gm
- Tapioca flour – 75 gm
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 3
- Oil – 2 tbsp (or melted ghee or coconut oil at room temperature)
- Maple syrup or honey – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Mix the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar into the coconut milk and allow to sit for at least 5 mins (this is the “buttermilk”).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk/lemon juice mixture, melted ghee or oil and vanilla till well combined.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until no flour spots show. Batter will be thick due to the coconut flour.
- Heat your pan with a little oil unless you are using nonstick pan. Gently spread pancakes into a circular shape but do not spread too much. Drop a few blueberries over each pancake. About 3-5 will do.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form. Flip over and continue to cook until golden brown. Adjust heat to avoid burning the outside while still cooking inside.
- Cook in batches adjusting heat and adding oil as needed.
- Serve warm with maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!