Paneer (cottage cheese), you either like it or you don’t. What I normally like to do is to make it scrambled so that it looks and almost tastes like scrambled egg! I love to eat it on its own or butter couple of slices of bread and place the bhurji on it and toast the bread on the toaster. Have it while it’s still warm and with a hot piping cup of coffee or tea. Yummmsss
- Paneer – 1 small packet
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Chilli – 3, chopped
- Ginger – 1cm, chopped
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Black peppercorns (crushed) – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Thaw the paneer completely so that it can be easily crumbled. If you have forgotten to thaw the paneer earlier, you may immerse the unopened packet in hot water for 15-20 mins and then you may crumble the paneer.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the onions till brown. Add the chopped chilli and ginger and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue frying till pulpy.
- Add the paneer together with the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and crushed black peppercorns. If you want it very spicy add more black peppercorns.
- Continue frying till it’s not so wet anymore.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
2 Comments Add yours