This is a good alternative to egg for those who are vegan and it’s a super easy and quick dish to prepare. It’s pretty much like scrambled eggs but instead of eggs, we use tofu. Or you may also use paneer and you can find my paneer bhurji recipe here.
You can easily mash the tofu with a fork and the rest of the ingredients are the usual onion, green chilli, ginger and tomato. This tofu scrambled also makes an excellent sandwich. I am sure you will try this out soon and hope you like it as much as I do 😊.
- Tofu – 1 piece, smash with fork
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Green chilli – 2, chopped
- Ginger – small piece, chopped
- Tomato – 1 large, chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – chopped for garnishing (optional)
- Mash the tofu with fork in a bowl and keep it aside
- In a wok, heat a little oil and when hot add the onions and fry till golden brown. Half way thru add the green chilli and ginger.
- Next add the tomato and fry till pulpy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, crushed black pepper and saute for couple of minutes.
- Finally add the mashed tofu and salt and fry well till dry. You can keep frying a little longer if you like it very dry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.