This gluten free sandwich bread is truly wonderful. This bread is really simple to make and the best part is that it does not require kneading! I guess everyone believes that bread requires a lot of kneading but not in this recipe.
All you need is the stand mixer with the paddle attachment and it does all the mixing for you. Place the dough in the baking tray, keep it aside to proof and then bake. Presto…. there you have your sandwich bread!
If you can’t find a warm place to proof your bread, just switch on your oven at 100 degrees till it gets warm and switch it off. Place the bread in the oven and remember to switch off the oven and let it rise to the top of the tray.
Hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy the sandwich bread as much as I do 😊.
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rapid rise instant yeast – 2 tsp
- Large eggs – 2
- Large egg whites – 2
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tsp
- Brown rice flour – 160 gm
- Ground flax – 50 gm
- Potato starch – 76 gm
- Milk powder – 30 gm
- Tapioca starch – 28 gm
- Xanthan gum – 2 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
- Grease and line the bread pan with parchment paper.
- Combine warm, yeast and sugar in a glass bowl. Stir & let sit 5 minutes. This allows the yeast to proof & shortens rising time.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, oil and apple cider vinegar to the yeast mixture. Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- Spoon the dough into the prepared bread pan. Using a spoon dipped in water, smooth the dough, spreading it into the corners of the pan.
- Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place for 30-40 minutes, or until dough has risen to the top of the pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake bread for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the loaf is 200°F.
- Remove bread from pan and place on a wire cooling rack immediately. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.