Tejas here: So, this idea was something that my aunt Shobz and I had been thinking of for quite a while and today we finally (😌) got round to doing it!
It was quite interesting to do something that I have always wanted to. It is a very fast cookie to make. When I was trying to make the batter into round balls, I kept on thinking of the last time I did this which was when I did the Millet Cookies, so in my heart, I was crossing my fingers…. but it turned out fine.
My aunt helped me surf the internet (not that I don’t know how to cos’ I do) for a milo cookie recipe and she found one too many recipes on the internet. She chose this particular one from Delishar.com (https://delishar.com/2013/09/milo-cookies.html) and I have chosen another recipe from the internet. I plan to try baking the milo cookies later, following that recipe and I shall compare both of them (while writing this sentence I am enjoying myself by eating one!!) and will find out which one of the recipes is better.
- All-purpose flour – 190 gm
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Milo powder – 130 gm
- Brown sugar – 75 gm
- Unsalted butter – 125 gm
- Egg – 1
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the flour, salt, milo power and baking powder together.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now add the remaining flour and mix till well combined.
- Take a little of the cookie dough and roll into a small ball using your palms and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 12-15mins (shorter time for a softer chewy cookie).
- Cool for about 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the cookie before it disappears!