I had blueberries in the fridge and my first thought was to make blueberry muffins. I am always on the lookout for quick, easy and delicious recipes; so here is one that I randomly tried, and it turned out really well.
Some muffins tend to be dry, but these are soft and moist, and I am sure you will love them. If you like blueberries like me, do give these a try.
- All-purpose flour – 375 gm
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 220 g
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Buttermilk – 250 ml
- Unsalted butter (melted) – 60g
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp (80 ml)
- Large eggs – 2 at room temperature, lightly whisked
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Blueberries – 250g, fresh
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper patties.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour bowl, pour in egg mixture. Mix until just combine – try not to stir more than 8 times. Some flour lumps in the batter is fine.
- Stir through most of the blueberries – reserve some for topping.
- Divide batter between paper cases. Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn down to 180°C. Bake for a further 13 minutes (fan forced / convection) or 15 minutes (standard ovens), or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the muffin tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz