Couple of months back, I had the Orange Infused Sujee Cake from All Things Delicious and ever since then, I’ve been searching the net for that particular recipe. I was planning to bake that for my birthday last month but changed my mind at the last minute. I decided to keep that for another day and looked for a cake recipe that had orange in it.
As I particularly wanted orange in my cake, I came across this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I had bookmarked her blog for a while now but did not get around to baking anything yet. The Glazed Orange Bundt Cake turned out well and I can’t wait to try her other recipes.
- 300g cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 230g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 300g granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 3 oranges (about 5-6 packed tbsp)
- Juice from 2 oranges (about ½ cup fresh orange juice)
- 180ml buttermilk, room temperature
- 150g confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Butter the 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick spray or grease with butter.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 2 mins. Add the sugar and beat on high speed for 3-4 mins until creamed together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time followed with the vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the orange zest and juice.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the butter milk, starting and ending with the flour and mixing each addition just till incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the bundt pan and bake for 45-55 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins inside the pan.
- Invert the bundt cake onto a wire rack set over a large plate or serving dish. Allow the cake to cool before glazing and serving.
- To make the glaze, whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over the cake and serve.