These chocolate cornflakes cookies are the easiest cookies to make, as it doesn’t take much time and there is no baking required! And you absolutely cannot go wrong in making this dish.
I do want to talk about the chocolate used, cos I made this twice. The first time I used the normal baking chocolate. I noticed that it was taking a while to set. So I kept it in the fridge and once I took it out of the fridge, I noticed some condensation on the chocolate. So I read up on the type of chocolate to be used and for these kind of cookies where you want to coat it using chocolate, it’s best to use compound chocolate and it’s easily available in the supermarkets. So no panicking on that count.
If you’re planning to make these, do buy the compound chocolate and you’ll notice that it sets easily (no refrigeration required) and it can be stored in an air tight container for 2 weeks but then doubt it would last that long…. lol! When I gave my sister these cookies, her youngest son and 2 of his friends literally finished them off in one afternoon! So, you have been warned 😊.
- Cornflakes – 60 gm
- Chocolate – 200 gm
- Desiccated coconut or sprinkles – optional
- Place mini cupcake liners on a baking tray.
- Measure out the cornflakes required into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour over the cornflakes mixture and carefully stir with a rubber spatula until everything is coated.
- Using two teaspoons place the little heaps onto the mini cupcake liners until you’ve used up all the mixture.
- Sprinkle little bits of the desiccated coconut or the sprinkles on top of the chocolate cornflakes.
- Keep the tray aside for the chocolate to completely dry and store in an airtight container in a dry and cool place.