I usually have a hard time finding a baking recipe with metric measurements, as most measurements are in the U.S. cups or pounds. Recently I read somewhere that there is a slight difference between UK and US cups. Though the difference is very small, it doesn’t help a stickler like me. Oh, why can’t everyone just follow the metric system!
Luckily, I found someone who not only gave the explanation and gave a basic cupcake recipe as well. I was super excited cos she also gave the steps to follow! Most websites will just say mix all the ingredients together, which is a big NO! I quickly tried it out and boy, was it delish!!!
- Flour – 420 gms
- Sugar – 390 gms
- Butter – 240 gms
- Milk – 180 ml at room temperature
- Eggs – 4 large at room temperature
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt (optional) and only if using unsalted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare the muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until it’s smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until a cake tester comes out clean).
*you may add raisins and chocolate chips to the cupcakes.