Aloo is Potato and Methi is Fenugreek. This delicious and easy to cook dish is prepared with fresh fenugreek leaves, that has amazing health benefits including lowering cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Methi with Aloo is a wonderful combination. This dish is very common in North Indian homes and goes very well with fresh, hot, desi ghee smeared phulka chapatis.
N.B: This recipe is adapted from Tarla DalaI and I hope you give this recipe a try. Do let me know if you enjoyed this simple dish.
- Potato – 3, boiled and cut into cubes
- Fenugreek (methi) leaves – 1 bunch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – chopped, 1 tsp
- Ginger – chopped, 1 tbsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Green chillies – finely chopped, 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop them finely. Sprinkle salt over them and keep aside for about half an hour.
- Squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies, red chillies and salt.
- Add the potatoes and stir fry for about 5 mins.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, coriander powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Cook covered for 10 mins on a low flame.
- Serve hot.