I know that the concept of fried ice cream may be intriguing for some. Ice cream, fried, really?
How would one do that? Well, it’s quite simple and most important is getting the oil hot when you’re about to fry the ice cream. This will brown the coating of the ice cream very quickly and you can scoop it out immediately.
There are a few variations to making fried ice cream and below is the recipe from Minu. I do not have pictures to share during the making process so I plan to try this recipe out myself and post those pictures later on. Do stay tuned 🙂
- Ice cream – a big scoop of any flavour of your choice
- Pound cake – store bought
- Plain flour – 150 gms
- Strawberries – 2 pieces sliced thinly (optional)
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Scoop the ice cream of your choice and shape it to a ball.
- Cover the ice cream ball with cling wrap and freeze it overnight.
- Slice the pound cake about 2 cm in thickness.
- Take 4 slices and place them side by side and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Place the flattened cake on cling wrap.
- Take the frozen ice cream ball and working quickly, remove the cling wrap and place it on the flattened cake and cover it well with the cling wrap and re-freeze for another hour.
- Make the batter mixing the plain flour with water and ensure that it’s not too thick nor watery.
- Heat oil in a deep wok.
- Remove the cling wrap and coat the ice cream ball into the batter and slowly place it into the hot oil.
- Fry the ice cream till it’s golden brown.
- Serve immediately with strawberries and a squirt of chocolate syrup.