I love tofu, or some call it tahu, in any form and my all time favourite is tahu sambal. Tofu is bean curd and I have some friends in UAE who are my hardcore fans when it comes to tahu sambal. I so enjoy making it for them and I am sure they are missing me and my tahu sambal very much!☺.
Once I had tried making scrambled tofu, but didn’t quite fancy the outcome. My mum told me that she adds egg to the scrambled tofu. So I tried that and it tasted much better than just tofu alone.
Recently, I was trying out a new recipe and wanted to bake chicken in bbq sauce. I had left over of the sauce after marinating the chicken pieces and thought, why not try marinating the tofu in that sauce. So, I marinated the tofu in the sauce and cooked the tofu till the sauce dried up and luckily the end result turned out pretty good…. ha ha.☺
- Tofu – 3 pieces, cut into small cubes
- Ginger – small piece, 2 cm
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1 small
- BBQ sauce – 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to a paste with little water.
- Mix all the masala powders with the BBQ sauce.
- Add the onion, ginger & garlic paste to the masala mix and stir well.
- Now add the tofu pieces and gently coat the tofu with the mixture and keep it aside.
- In a wok, add a little oil and when hot add the tofu pieces.
- Let it cook over low flame till all the sauce dries up.
- You may like to keep it a little longer if you like it charred.
- Goes well with anything 😊