Paleo baking uses a variety of different ingredients. Some flours are made of almond or cashew flour and some are made of other things (e.g. coconut, sweet potato, or plantain flour). Paleo baking is another alternative to gluten free baking.
With gluten free baking, I tend to use a variety of flours to bake the cake/muffin/pancakes. Some may find it troublesome as it is not straight forward, unlike making a normal cake where you just use all-purpose flour. Though I am not gluten intolerant, I do try and avoid it as much as possible and thus I am always on the lookout for alternatives.
These paleo chocolate chip muffins are super easy to make, and it doesn’t take much time either. I have made it so many times and it never ceases to amaze me how little time it takes from prepping to baking.
Recipe from glutenfreepalate – https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/paleo-chocolate-chip-muffins/
- Almond Flour – 192 gms
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 3 large, room temperature
- Chocolate chips – 85 gms
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into your paper liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz
One Comment Add yours