Here’s another super easy and quick curry to make if you are feeling a little lazy like me…. 😉. What I do is, cut the pumpkin into little cubes and keep it in the freezer. Then I take it out on a day when I am seriously not in any mood to cook…. lol😁!
Since half the work is done with the pre-cut pumpkin, all you need is to cut up onions, chilli & tomatoes. And I am sure you would always have the coconut milk packet at home and since pumpkin does not take much time to cook, this dish is ready in a jiffy!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #bakezbyshobz so that I can see the recipes that you have made.
- Pumpkin – 1/2, cut into cubes
- Onions – 1 medium, chopped
- Chilli – 2, chopped
- Tomato – 1 large, chopped
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin. Wash and cut them into medium sized cubes. You may do the same for the other half and freeze them for another time. Or if you are using the frozen pumpkin, remove from freezer and let it thaw.
- In a wok, heat some oil and once it’s hot saute the onions and chilli.
- Then add the tomatoes and fry till pulpy.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add the pumpkin and 1/2 cup water. Cover and let it cook for about 5-10 mins.
- Finally add the coconut milk and stir well.