This recipe is from one of my dearest friend who is a great cook. She’s shared with me one of her favourite recipes and what’s good about this is that you can cook and prepare the roll and stock in the refrigerator for about 10 days.
It’s good for an emergency and when you are lazy to cook. Just take it out from the fridge, and warm it in the microwave for 1 min. You can cook and prepare the roll and keep it in the fridge and best part is that it can be eaten any time of the day!
- Potatoes – 1, cut into cubes
- Brinjal – 1 medium, cut into cubes
- Carrots – 1, cut into cubes
- Mock meat (chicken/mutton) – optional
- Onion – 1 large, chopped
- Green chilli – 2, chopped
- Ginger & garlic – paste
- Meat curry powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- White pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Canned peas – 1 tin
- Carnation milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick, cardamoms, bay leaves, star anise, clove – not too much
- Curry leaves – a bunch
- Water – 1/2 cup
- In a wok, heat oil and saute the cinnamon stick, cardamoms, bay leaves, star anise and clove.
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and curry leaves.
- When onion is tender, add the potatoes, brinjal and carrots and stir well for about 5-7 mins.
- Now add the meat curry powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add water and let it cook.
- Add the canned peas and stir well. Add carnation milk and salt to taste.
- Add a little white and black pepper and mix well.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool.
- Have it with bread or chapatti or with anything that you prefer or wrap it and refrigerate it for a rainy day 😉.
Once it’s cool, you may wrap it in whole meal wraps or any kind of wraps of your choice. Then you further wrap it in an aluminum foil and refrigerate it. When you are ready to have it, microwave for 1min.