I’m not a pasta fan and that’s why you’ve not seen any pasta recipes from me… ha ha. But I have here Minu’s Spinach Pasta recipe. It sounds delicious and I may just give it a try 😉. But I’ll need to try this using gluten free pasta. Can’t wait to try it!
- Pasta – 3/4 cup
- Spinach – a bunch
- Garlic – 2, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Bell peppers – 1/2 of one yellow and 1/2 of one red, diced
- Button Mushrooms – 8 to 10, sliced
- Chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese – 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Pour water in a pot and add salt to the water and let it boil.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and cook till it’s al dente. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a wok, heat some butter and olive oil and saute the chopped garlic for 1-2 mins.
- Add the spinach and stir well.
- When the spinach is cooked, remove from the heat and leave it aside to cool. Once it is cool, put it into a blender and puree it.
- In the same wok, add a bit more of butter and olive oil and saute the onions till light brown.
- Add the bell peppers and stir well, followed by the mushrooms.
- Once the bell peppers and mushrooms are cooked, add the pureed spinach to the mixture.
- Add chilli flakes, oregano and stir well.
- Now add the pasta and mix well.
- Finally add the cream cheese and fresh cream to make it thick to your liking.