I’m not a pasta fan and that’s why you’ve not seen any pasta recipes from me… ha ha. But I have here Minu’s Spinach Pasta recipe. It sounds delicious and I may just give it a try 😉. But I’ll need to try this using gluten free pasta. Can’t wait to try it!
- Pasta – 3/4 cup
- Spinach – a bunch
- Garlic – 2, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Bell peppers – 1/2 of one yellow and 1/2 of one red, diced
- Button Mushrooms – 8 to 10, sliced
- Chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese – 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Pour water in a pot and add salt to the water and let it boil.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and cook till it’s al dente. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a wok, heat some butter and olive oil and saute the chopped garlic for 1-2 mins.
- Add the spinach and stir well.
- When the spinach is cooked, remove from the heat and leave it aside to cool. Once it is cool, put it into a blender and puree it.
- In the same wok, add a bit more of butter and olive oil and saute the onions till light brown.
- Add the bell peppers and stir well, followed by the mushrooms.
- Once the bell peppers and mushrooms are cooked, add the pureed spinach to the mixture.
- Add chilli flakes, oregano and stir well.
- Now add the pasta and mix well.
- Finally add the cream cheese and fresh cream to make it thick to your liking.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz