Every time I want to make fish curry, I remember my friend, Sushma’s favourite combo of fish curry with fish fry. It truly is a nice combo but generally I am happy either having fish curry or fish fry.
I usually prefer the gravy in the fish curry to be thick. My usual go-to recipe is with coconut milk which I have written about earlier and you can find it here. So this time, I wanted something different and searched the internet for the most interesting recipe and compiled a few ideas from various recipes and hope you will enjoy this simple and easy to make dish. Goes well with plain white rice or even dosa!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #bakezbyshobz so that I can see the recipes that you have made.
- Fish – 8 pieces
- Coconut – 1/2 packet (150 gm)
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomatoes – 3
- Dried Chilli – 15 pieces
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Kudampuli – 2 pieces
- Curry leaves for garnishing
- Grind coriander seeds, dried chilli and coconut in little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté the onions.
- Once onions are brown, add the ground coconut mix.
- Cover and let it cook for about 5 mins.
- Now add the tomato paste and kudampuli and cover and let it cook for further 5 mins.
- Finally add the fish pieces and adjust the salt accordingly.
- Cover and let it cook well.
- Garnish with curry leaves.