Every time I want to make fish curry, I remember my friend, Sushma’s favourite combo of fish curry with fish fry. It truly is a nice combo but generally I am happy either having fish curry or fish fry.
I usually prefer the gravy in the fish curry to be thick. My usual go-to recipe is with coconut milk which I have written about earlier and you can find it here. So this time, I wanted something different and searched the internet for the most interesting recipe and compiled a few ideas from various recipes and hope you will enjoy this simple and easy to make dish. Goes well with plain white rice or even dosa!
- Fish – 8 pieces
- Coconut – 1/2 packet (150 gm)
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomatoes – 3
- Dried Chilli – 15 pieces
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Kudampuli – 2 pieces
- Curry leaves for garnishing
- Grind coriander seeds, dried chilli and coconut in little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté the onions.
- Once onions are brown, add the ground coconut mix.
- Cover and let it cook for about 5 mins.
- Now add the tomato paste and kudampuli and cover and let it cook for further 5 mins.
- Finally add the fish pieces and adjust the salt accordingly.
- Cover and let it cook well.
- Garnish with curry leaves.