I think I have literally tried all the variations of gluten free pancakes, except with almond flour, as I kept burning them. So that is the only one left for me to keep trying out till I get it right!
Though this pancake recipe says white rice flour, it is not just white rice flour alone, but includes almond flour and cornstarch. You will also need xanthan gum, as it acts as a binder and is generally used in gluten free baking.
I have tried using coconut milk (30% less fat) for a vegan version but I found the batter to be thick and had to add 4-5 tablespoon of water. I’m yet to try with any other dairy free milk and am quite happy with just using the normal milk.
- White rice flour – 113 gms
- Cornstarch – 57 gms
- Almond flour – 57 gms
- Sugar – 30 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Xanthan gum – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Whisk white rice flour, cornstarch, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the frying pan.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes. Flip pancakes when bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancake.
- Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz