My nephew kept pushing me to try out a fudgy brownie recipe that he had tried out recently. So there I was…. standing in front of the refrigerator to see if I had all the ingredients and I noticed all those left over Kit Kat chocolates I had, when I made my Kit Kat Cake.
I quickly browsed the net to see if I could find a recipe I liked and you know how important it is to read the recipe in full, especially the comments to see if the recipe would work. But guess what? I was in a hurry and did not read the recipe properly, thus ending up making a couple of blunders in the process. Still my Kit Kat Brownies turned out fantastic! Ha ha.
I’ve used a combo of the normal Kit Kat chocolates and for the topping, I used the dark Kit Kat chocolates. But you may use whatever you like. And here is my ‘blundered version’, cos I think it’s only fair 😉
- Unsalted butter – 140 gms
- Granulated sugar – 230 gms
- Cocoa powder – 75 gms
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 60 gms
- Chocolate chips – 90 gms
- Kit Kat bars (16 2-finger or 8 4-finger bars), 8 finger bars crushed, 12 left whole
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 1 minute. Stir well, then microwave for another minute. The mixture should warm to the touch. If it is too hot, leave it aside for couple of minutes to cool.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well until combined. Fold in the flour until fully combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Next fold in half of the crushed Kit Kat bars.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Place the whole Kit Kat bars on top, then spoon the remaining batter over the Kit Kats, spreading the batter out evenly.
- Sprinkle with the crushed Kit Kat bars on top. I used the dark Kit Kat bars for the topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz