I love sweet potato and usually have it baked. It’s so easy, cos you just marinate it with whatever spices that you fancy and bake it. I have tried doing a simple stir fry also, but prefer the taste of the sweet potato when baked.
My usual marinate for this recipe is with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, chilli flakes and salt. You can even throw in fresh garlic either sliced, grated or smashed and followed by any seasoning you fancy. It’s that easy!
Then again, there is the honey sweet potato and the purple ones. I am yet to try the purple sweet potato, only cos the colour does not appeal to me… ha ha. Till such time, I will continue having the honey sweet potatoes 😀.
- Sweet Potato – 2, remove skin and chop into cubes
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning – 2 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 2 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Marinate the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, crushed black pepper, chilli flakes, cumin powder and salt.
- Spread out the marinated sweet potatoes on the baking tray lined with parchment paper and leave it aside for half an hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for about 40 mins and toss the potatoes around after 20 mins.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobzand hashtag it #bakezbyshobz