This is like your usual fried rice and has no twist to it. I feel fried rice is a versatile dish and you can literally add anything you want to it and as I have been toying with some ideas for fried rice, I started with this simple salmon fried rice.
For this recipe, I used red bell pepper and spinach. You may also add mushrooms and any other veggies that you like. I also baked the salmon but you if want, you may pan fry them.
Do give this recipe a try and enjoy!
- Salmon – 1 piece (boneless)
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
- Red bell pepper – 1, diced
- Spinach – 1 bunch, chopped and separate the stems
- Garlic butter – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (use either left over rice or cook fresh)
- Wash and pat dry the salmon and marinate with garlic butter, salt and crushed black pepper. Leave it aside for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and bake the salmon for about 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and keep the salmon aside for about 10 mins.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon.
- Cook rice as per usual if you are using freshly cooked rice or you can always use left over rice, which is preferred.
- In a wok, heat some oil and when oil get hot, saute the chopped onions till translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir well for about a min.
- Next add the diced red bell peppers and the spinach stems and let it cook for couple of mins.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook till it wilts.
- Now add the flaked salmon and stir well.
- Lastly add the rice, salt and crushed black pepper and stir till well combined.