Honestly this is a super easy dish to make. I had extra piece of tofu in the fridge and just wanted to do something different instead of my usual tofu sambal and I thought why not make a curry out of it. If you like tofu, do give this a try.
- Tofu – 1 piece and cut into cubes
- Onion – 1/2 large and chopped and use the other half grind to a paste
- Ginger, garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 2 and cut into cubes
- Coconut milk – I used the kara brand pyramid shaped packet
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a wok and shallow fry the tofu pieces till light brown.
- In the same oil, add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Then add the onion, ginger garlic paste and saute for couple of minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry the tomatoes till they turn pulpy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Add the fried tofu pieces and stir till well combined.
- Finally add the coconut milk and let it cook well.
- Adjust the taste if required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz
One Comment Add yours