I came across this recipe and just had to try it as there was an ingredient in the recipe that I had never used before. It’s the Shaoxing Wine which is a type of Chinese rice wine and is used in quite a bit of Chinese cooking.
As I could not find Shaoxing Wine, I bought rice wine instead and tried out the tomato & egg stir fry and believe me you will always use the rice wine or Shaoxing wine hereafter. Rice wine is made by normal rice while the Shaoxing wine is made by glutinous rice. I am just so glad I found the key to authentic Chinese cooking! 😊
Recipe from – https://thewoksoflife.com/stir-fried-tomato-and-egg/
- Tomatoes – 4 small, cut into wedges
- Scallion – 1, finely chopped
- Eggs – 4
- White pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1/2 tsp
- Shaoxing wine or rice wine – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Crack 4 eggs into a bowl and season with little salt, white pepper, sesame oil, and the Shaoxing wine or rice wine. Beat eggs for a minute.
- Preheat the wok over medium heat until it just starts to smoke. Then add 2 tablespoons of oil and immediately add the eggs. Scramble the eggs and remove from the wok immediately. Set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon oil to the wok, turn up the heat to high, and add the tomatoes and scallions. Stir-fry for 1 minute, and then add little salt, and 1/4 cup water (if your stove gets very hot and liquid tends to cook off very quickly in your wok, add a little more water). Add the cooked eggs.
- Mix everything together, cover the wok, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the tomatoes are completely softened.
- Uncover, and continue to stir-fry over high heat until the sauce thickens to your liking. Serve!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz
2 Comments Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person