OMG…. these coffee cinnamon chocolate chip muffins are packed with flavour! As I love the 3 Cs 😂(coffee, cinnamon & chocolate chips), I just had to try baking these muffins and I loved it. These muffins are gluten free and vegan too!
I know that a lot of people do not like cinnamon. So I guess you can omit the cinnamon and just use the coffee and of course, don’t forget the chocolate chips 😊.
Frankly, I did cut down on cinnamon as I just wanted a slight flavour and made the coffee stronger instead.
- Almond flour – 140 g
- Oat flour – 80 g (I used regular oats and ground them finely)
- Tapioca starch – 32 g
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 120 g
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 90 g
- Freshly brewed coffee – 3/4 cup (cooled)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your muffin tray.
- Brew your coffee and let it come to room temperature or place in the fridge to cool faster.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk together until there are no lumps remaining.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the coffee into the dry ingredients and stir until it is well mixed and smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly and they should be almost full. Place a few chocolate chips on the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer on to a wire rack and let them cool completely.