These cookies are really soft and if you’re like me, could be a wee bit impatient to try them straight out of the oven even before they set! Trust me, they will crumble. Of course it won’t go to waste, as you can eat the crumbs or can use them for ice cream toppings…. Ha ha.
Honestly, you will have to wait till it cools in the pan for about 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. But even then, these cookies are still soft and wonderfully delicious! Do try them out….
- All-purpose flour – 300 gm
- Brown sugar – 180 gm
- Granulated sugar – 50 gm
- Butter – 226 gm
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Butterscotch cookies – 1 pkt
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract for 3-4 mins till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients slowly and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for about an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop one tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 mins until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rake to cool completely.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz