This is a very simple egg curry that you can make in a jiffy and it goes well literally with anything! Am sure most people love eggs and if you don’t or can’t have them due to an allergy, by all means do substitute with tofu or paneer.
I have tried so many variants of making egg curry and I think I like this the best so far, as the gravy is really thick and I am one of those who needs lots of gravy with whatever I have it with…. ha ha.
There is one recipe that I came across on the internet which I liked very much, but I think I would like to modify it (lol). So stay tuned for that…. 😉
- Eggs – 4, hard boiled and cut into half
- Onion – 1 large for grinding to paste & 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 3, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 1 piece
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Meat masala powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Boil the eggs in water till fully cooked. When it has cooled slightly, remove the shell and cut them into halves.
- In a frying pan, add a bit of oil and when hot add the eggs, yolk facing down and sprinkle wee bit of turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- After 2 mins, turn the eggs over and saute for another 2 mins and remove from the pan.
- Grind the onion, garlic, ginger in little water till you get a smooth paste.
- In the same frying pan, heat some oil and when hot add the chopped onions and sauté till translucent.
- Now add the onion, ginger, garlic paste and sauté till it gets thick.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook till it’s pulpy.
- Add Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, meat masala powder, salt and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it come to a boil..
- When you get the masala to the right consistency, add the eggs. Let it cook for 2 mins.
- Scoop some masala on the yolk and turn it facing down.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, appam, dosa, paratha or have it with a slice of bread!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz