This is a very simple and quick dish to make and super delicious too! I used baby spinach for a change, just so that I would do away with the extra chopping of the usual spinach with the stems and all. With baby spinach, you just have to wash them and it’s ready to be cooked. If you want, you may also use baby potatoes.
I did not use onions in this dish and just cumin seeds (a lot 😉 ) and all the various powders like cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
This is a very quick dish to prepare, so do give it a try. It goes well with rice or chappati.
- Potatoes – 2 large, cut into cubes
- Baby Spinach – 1 pkt
- Cumin seeds – 4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- In a medium wok, heat some oil and once hot, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the potatoes and stir well. Cover and let it cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Next add all the powders and stir well to combine.
- When potatoes are 3/4 cooked, add the baby spinach and salt and stir well.
- Adjust the taste accordingly.
- Remove from stove once the potatoes are fully cooked and serve hot with rice or chappati.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz