These sea salt caramel chocolate cookies are soft, chewy, delicious and the burst of sweetness with the sea salt caramel chips are OMG!
These are truly the best cookies I’ve made so far and they disappear so fast! I mixed and matched recipes from the internet and from behind the packaging, then made a few modifications and am so thrilled that they turned out well.
Do give this recipe a try and am sure these will be your next best favourite cookies too 😉
- All-purpose flour – 250 g
- Cocoa powder – 30 g
- Brown sugar – 150 g
- Granulated sugar – 80 g
- Unsalted butter – 170 g (melted and cooled)
- Egg – 1 large + 1 egg yolk (both at room temperature)
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- Sea Salt Caramel Chips – 1 pkt
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together and keep it aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar and ensure there are no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and the egg yolk and the vanilla essence.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Finally fold in the sea salt caramel chips.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree C and line your baking tin with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls and do not flatten them. Keep them tall as they will flatten during baking. Ensure that you keep the balls apart on the baking tin as you don’t want them to stick together.
- Bake the cookies for 15 mins.
- Allow to cool on the baking tin as the cookies will be soft and transfer to a wire rack after 10 mins to cool completely.
- Store them in an air tight container but honestly it will not last a week!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics on Instagram and do tag @bakezbyshobz and hashtag it #bakezbyshobz