I just cannot recall where I found this recipe from and unfortunately I did not book mark it either. I have tried this recipe out twice now and have made slight modifications. Hope you will enjoy it as well.
Cauliflower and tempeh (fermented soybean) make an excellent combo and if you have not tried this combo yet, please don’t wait any longer! Ha…. ha.
- Tempeh – 100 gm, cubed
- Cauliflower florets – small piece, chopped
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder– 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 3, pureed
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing, optional
- In a small bowl, combine turmeric and cumin.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of the spice blend to the bowl with the cubed tempeh and chopped cauliflower.
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons oil and add tempeh and cauliflower. Cook until brown. Add the minced ginger, garlic, cardamom powder, chilli powder and remaining spices. Toast until fragrant then add tomato purée.
- Next, stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper and ensure that you pick up the flavourful bits at the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat and cook until it thickens for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.