I guess this would fall under paleo/gluten free, but not the chocolates though, unless you use gluten free chocolates. The Kit Kat chocolate I used for this is the dark Kit Kat. So overall, a very healthy and tasty cupcake! 😉
After a couple of attempts at trying out Chocolate Cupcakes using almond flour, I think I finally nailed this one. And to give it the full chocolate oomph, I just went ahead and added Kit Kat chocolates as well and decided to call this Kit Kat Chocolate Cupcakes…. ha ha.
It’s super easy to make, as you just mix wet ingredients to dry ingredients, pour the batter into the cupcakes, add the Kit Kat chocolate and bake. Am sure kids will love this! So do give it a try 🤗
- Almond flour – 170 g
- Cocoa powder – 40 g, sifted
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Honey – 1/3 cup
- Canola Oil – 1/3 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tsp (mix with 2 tbsp of hot boiling water)
- Dark Kit Kat chocolates – 1 large bar and cut each finger into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, sifted cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot boiling water to the instant coffee powder and mix well and add to the batter. Stir well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, pour the batter into the paper cups halfway. Place 4 small cubes of the Kit Kat cholate then top with remaining batter. Place 2 or more pieces of the Kit Kat chocolate on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 – 28 mins or until tooth pick inserted into the side comes out clean. You don’t want to insert in the centre as you will get the melted chocolate and you can’t tell if it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5-10 mins in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.