This is yet another quick and easy dish to prepare and super delicious too! I only threw in the potatoes cos I didn’t know what to do with them, plus hubby can have potatoes 24/7/365, so why not! 😂
I was just trying to do something different with eggs and threw in the potatoes as an afterthought – ha… ha… and I’m glad that it turned out well. This dish will go well with rice, appam and even dosa!
- Eggs – 6, hard boiled
- Potatoes – 2, cubed
- Onion – 1, chopped and 1 make into paste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2, chopped
- Green chilli – 3, cut into half
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Boil the eggs in water till fully cooked. When it has cooled slightly, remove the shell and keep the eggs aside.
- Heat some oil in a medium wok and when the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till it turns slightly brown.
- Next add the onion paste together with the ginger garlic paste and fry over low heat for couple of mins.
- Add the potatoes and mix well. Cover and let it cook for about 5 mins.
- When potatoes are 3/4 cooked, add the tomatoes and cook till tomates are pulpy. By this time, the potatoes should be fully cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer over a low heat.
- Take a few pieces of potato and using the back of the ladle smash them so as to make the gravy thick.
- Add the hard boiled eggs and remaining water and stir well. Cover and let it cook for couple of mins.
- Finally add the coconut milk and the slit green chillis and let it simmer for couple of mins.
- Remove from stove and serve warm with rice, appam or dosa.