Today I wanted to make Pepper Chicken, but lo…. had run out of the whole black peppers and was feeling lazy to make a trip to the supermarket. So I made do with whatever was available at home and made Creamy Chicken Masala instead. This is a huge change from my usual heavy masalafied spicy gravy, cos I used cream and hardly used any of the usual spices.
- Chicken – 2 breats cut into medium size pieces
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Plain yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp heaped
- Tomatoes – 2 large, chopped
- Cream – 2 cups
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala, coriander powder and yogurt. Keep it aside for an hour or longer.
- In a wok, heat a little oil and saute the onions till brown.
- Add the cumin powder, fenugreek powder and chilli powder and mix well for about a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well.
- Now add the marinated chicken. Add a little water if required and cover and let it cook.
- When the chicken is 3/4 cooked add the chopped tomatoes and cream and continue to stir till chicken is well cooked.
- Uncover and let the sauce thicken a little.