The last time I made gluten free crepes, I used almond flour and this time I wanted to try using gluten free baking flour so I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour. Also, I wanted it to be dairy free and I used soy milk but if you want, you may use regular milk.
This crepe recipe is really easy to prepare, but you will have to let the batter rest for about half an hour. Lately, I have been reading up on how we must let the batter rest for gluten free baking. So I am just following the instructions to the T. I should read up more to understand the reason behind it and can start doing the same for future gluten free baking 😉
- GF Baking Flour – 148 g (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 GF baking flour)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup, room temperature (I used soy milk)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the GF flour and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, water, eggs and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for half an hour (recommended to let the batter rest for 30 mins).
- Heat your non-stick skillet and when hot, using a medium size ladle, pour the batter in the middle of the skillet and spread it out as thin as possible using the back of the ladle (just like you would spread for dosa).
- Flip the crepe after one minute and cook the other side for about another minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve your crepes with whatever toppings you like, either folding them in half or in quarters.